Sunday, May 31, 2015

Letter #34- Serve Others, Love Yourself!

May 25, 2015

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was outstanding! I have loved putting the Lord's trust continually, as we show the love and concerns for others!

Before Sister Ikimau left to Shelley, we visited a few people. One of them is a lady by the name of Rose King. What Sister Ikimau and I have called her was our "active investigator". Which means they pay their tithes, they fast, pray, attend Church regularly, read the Book of Mormon, etc. They just won't get baptize! We started with an opening prayer. As I closed the prayer, I had this bad feeling, I wasn't sure why. Right after the prayer, Rose express that she basically wasn't happy. She sounded a little bitter as she went on. She claims she has a stronger testimony than anyone else, that she knows the Church is true, that she knows the scripture better than anyone else. . .she just went on slapping her jaw off! I just listened, I looked at her in the eyes, and then it came to me! Sister Ikimau testified a few times, answering her questions, but Rose declined or told her off! I felt the Spirit tell me to let Rose know something. I sat up against the edge of the couch, my heart was pounding FAST and LOUDER, and LOUDER! I went to share what the Spirit was directing me to say, but every time I went to open my mouth, she continued on! Eventually the topic was changing, I still felt the need to share what the Spirit told me. I kept trying to speak, but Rose kept changing topics! My heart was racing, until it finally slowed down towards the end of our discussion.
I can't explain exactly what the Spirit wanted me to say, but it was strong! I could feel it! After the lesson with Rose, we discussed together how the lesson went. Sister Warren was with us, since her companion went home. Sister Warren said, "The important thing for Rose King today was to feel understood." We probably couldn't say much, but to just listen with love. And that's what Rose needed. As we discussed, Sister Warren asked, "What does Rose need? There's something deeper that she needs more than what she have expressed. Because obviously, she would be baptize by then!" We talked about that we need to pull the wires and ask the hard questions! I am trying to figure out Rose. And I think Sister Vere, the amazing testimony she has, can help fix Rose's problem!

On Sister Ikimau's last night in Pocatello, we went to go see Anthony and Stormy. I felt so sad for Anthony. As his wife shared what he have done and said the other day, she told him to "give up drinking or me and Evony." Anthony loves his Family so much, but of course he is addicted to drinking. He decided to give up drinking. We asked how he was feeling, he said, "Embarrassed." Sister Ikimau and I talked with Anthony for a bit. Anthony then got up and walked out for a smoke. We could hear him yelling from outside, he was filled with anger. As I write this, it makes my heart aches and I just want to cry for both Anthony and Stormy! I want to help! We told Anthony that coming to Church is going to resist the temptation of smoking or drinking. And with Church, it'll help him and Stormy to quite arguing or fighting so much. I know that attending Church regularly with the desire to go, will strengthen your relationship with Family! And Church will help you change to become a better person as you partake of the Sacrament.

Sister Vere and I met with Chris! Chris was the young man that Sister Ikimau and I met, he was working on his Chevy truck. We went over to him, "Hi Chris!" "Hi!" He said. We talked with him for a few minutes. He was putting a new Radio Station in, because he was on his way to Washington in about a few weeks. We asked if he read the pamplets or the Book of Mormon. Chris said, "I have read two chapters of the Book of Mormon." We asked if he felt anything as he read it, he said, "I feel that I am not alone." Every time we meet with Chris, he is softening up. We shared 2 Nephi 5:27, "And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." Chris smiled as we testified of that scripture. We asked if we could close with a prayer, he smiled, "Yes!" After the prayer, Chris looked at all four of us (we had two young women with us) and he said, "I will be looking forward to be meeting the four of you again." He smiled again! We told him to have a good day and walked away. When we got furthur down the street, I couldn't stop smiling! I was so happy for Chris! I know he will someday meet officially with the Missionaries! So grateful for this experience!

For personal study I read my Patriarchal Blessing. I asked Heavenly Father to show me what I need for the day to share with others. I couldn't help but to be filled with great joy as I read my Patriarchal Blessing and feel the love of God. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of all of His Children circumstances and He knows each of us personally! If you don't know that, I want to invite you to look into that. Prayed to Him, seek to look at others and love others as the Savior would love them, if you don't have one - get a Patriarchal Blessing. I know that you will realize you are not alone, Heavenly Father is taking care of each of us.

I love you all!
Sincerely,
Sister Hatch.

Our Zone went on a hike for the last time together

 we saw snakes everywhere!

Doing our poses :)

HAHAHA! We all have some intense or silly faces!
JUMP!


 All four of the Sisters!
Sister Ikimau saying good-bye to some of the boys
 Transfer site!
We forgot our umbrella. . .got SOAKED from the rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment