Saturday, May 23, 2015

Letter #32- "I thanked Heavenly Father for these wonderful experiences"

May 11, 2015
Dear Everyone,

This week has been amazing!

Tuesday, I went on exchanges with Sister Warren! It brings back so much memory when we were companions together! I learned so much while I was with her! I felt like I was led by the Spirit not knowing what to do, like Nephi! It was great to feel the love of the Savior!
We taught a less active man outside on his bench. We visited with him and got to know him. Then we shared Moroni's promise, which is if you read the Book of Mormon with real intent and prayed to the Father with sincere heart, asking if it's NOT true, the Holy Spirit will manifest the truth of it unto you. We invited Brother Hall and his Family to read the Book of Mormon and to come to Church. He expressed his concerns about not wearing appropriate clothes to Church.  We talked with him for a little longer until he committed to come to Church. Later that day, all of our appointments fell through, we went through our back up plans. I prayed to Heavenly Father, "I don't know where to go, but I know there is someone." I remembered the referral President Brinkerhoff gave to Sister Ikimau and I. We went over and we met a young boy named Danny! He was playing basketball with a few of the priest aged young men in the Ward. We talked with Danny for a while, he said we could come back! I  On the exchanges I learned how I can better help our Investigators improve in the Gospel. I love these people, Children of God, so much! I want to help them! My worries and concerns are a few of them who are not able to get Parents' permission. I know that as Sister Ikimau and I follow up with them daily and pull the wires, as Elder Haws and Elder Deppermen gave the training on, they will want to progress and they will see that light and love of our Loving Father in Heaven

Oh my goodness! Sister Ikimau and I did meet a basher! His name is John! Contentions and anger, we could just feel it rise! It was so sad to see John that way! As he kept asking questions trying to prove us wrong. He then asked us, "Are you convinced that you are going to go to Heaven if you were to die right now?" I felt like I stood up tall! I felt confident, "YES! I DO!" He gave us this look as if we were stupid, "Really!? Because I don't think you will! I KNOW THAT AT THE LAST DAY I WILL TELL GOD THAT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME!" We let John go on the rant. He told us he believe in the Trinity, which is Heavenly Father, Christ, and the Holy Spirit is one. He asked more questions trying to still prove us wrong. I kept opening my mouth trying to testify to his questions. But every time I do, he interrupts me! Finally I said, "Okay! Can I ask you a question?" John said, "Sure." I asked, "Why would God send Himself down to die on the cross for us?" He said, "Easy! In John3:16, 'For God so loved the world that He sent His. . ." He stumbled for a while, "His. . .His Only Begotten Son! But there's other scriptures that talks about that!" OH MY! It was intense! I was so sad for John. We told John we had to get going, he said, "Oh okay! Well anytime you want to, come by and I'll prepare some scriptures for you!"

I love working with my Companion, Sister Ikimau! I have enjoyed learning from her as she share what she studied from her Personal Study, what revelation she receives after we have taught a lesson or correlation meeting, and I have enjoyed her company, and that we're able to work together! We both felt so stupid when she shared what she learned in Personal Study this morning. In the past week we got some people who have asked, "What if you find out that there is no God?" or "What if there is no life after death?" And our response was, "But what if there was a God?" or "What if you do find out there is a life after death?" We would respond their question to a question! What Sister Ikimau shared this morning just have clicked! Why do we respond their question to a question, when we have been called to TESTIFY to what we KNOW!? SILLY! We know there is a God, we know there is a life after death. Why don't we just testify of that? It was great to be able to recognize how we could progress in our Missionary effort!

I got to talk to my Family for Mother's Day! It was great to see them! I have enjoyed them. It felt like I have never left them! After skyping, Sister Ikimau and I had a few miracles!

Sister Ikimau and I had a few miracles last night! I believe it was because we followed the Spirit immediately! For the past month, Sister Ikimau and I have been trying to see a Part-member Family. After dinner, Sister Ikimau said, "Let's go see the Bisson's." We went over there, just in time she got home! We helped her haul in some things in her home and Sister Bissoon offered water. We kindly said, "No thank you, but thank you so much!" We complimented on her beautiful house and the pictures of her beautiful Family on the wall. She told us her husband past Missionary experiences. We listened with love as she told us what have happened in the past. After spending almost an hour there, she said that her husband just recently wanted to take the lessons again! Sister Bissoon told us that we should be expecting a call from him sometime soon or we could call him up someday! We left her home with a prayer. As Sister Ikimau and I were heading down to the Apartment area, I thanked Heavenly Father for this miracle and prayed for the Bissoon Family. We went to an Apartment and a man was standing outside smoking. Without fear, Sister Ikimau and I walked up to him and talked with him. His wife is a member, he is not. He have had Missionary discussion before, but then he moved from Ammon to here six months ago. We got to know Jason and his wife Marie. I felt such great love for him as I imagine the both of them in white. We were able to set up a return appointment. He has been to Church more than three times. After we left and open up our planning for the night, again, I thanked Heavenly Father for these wonderful experiences. I was grateful that we followed the prompting of the Holy Spirit!

I love you all! I got to go!

Sister Hatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment